Welcome to St John’s
St Johns is the Anglican Parish Church serving the town of Birtley and it’s surroundings.
Welcome to our little web site
we hope you find it useful and interesting.
The Church is fairly centrally located on Birtley Lane, a road that runs parallel
to the main street but about 100 yards above it in the town centre.
From the main street either go up the Avenue, opposite Barclays Bank, turn right
at the top and the Church is 150 yds on left.
Alternatively, go up Harras Bank - opposite Komatsu - and turn left at top, Church
100 yds on right just past Moulders Arms Public House. (There is a map to the right).
Built in 1848, the Church has developed to offer a fairly central style of Anglican
worship in a modernised but still traditional building, to a modest but committed
There is a loop system for hearing aid users and level wheelchair access via the
We appreciate any feedback, comments or memories,just drop us an email. email@example.com
A - Z